Pray’s Mill Baptist Church will host a missions emphasis conference during the month of March of 2011. The conference will be held throughout the month – each Monday night during March. It has been said by the great English Baptist preacher Charles Spurgeon, “If there be any one point in which the Christian church ought to keep its fervor at a white heat, it is concerning missions. If there be anything about which we cannot tolerate lukewarmness, it is in the matter of sending the gospel to a dying world.” Therefore, our desire is to encourage biblical missions through the local church.
Purpose: To encourage, equip, and edify the local church to engage the neighborhoods and the nations with the good news of Jesus Christ.
Date: March 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th
Location: Pray’s Mill Baptist Church – located in Douglasville, GA.
From Atlanta go West on I-20 to Exit 34, turn Left onto Hwy 5, South toward Whitesburg. Go approximately 5 miles South. The Church is on the right at the intersection of Hwy 5 and Banks Mill Rd.
From Alabama go East on I-20 to Exit 34, turn Right onto Hwy 5, go approximately 5 miles. The Church is on the right at the intersection of Hwy 5 and Banks Mill Rd.
Church Office Hours – 7:30 to 4:30p.m. Monday thru Thursday. Closed on Fridays.
If you need more information call 770-942-6597.
March 7th – Dr. J. Robert White
– Serves as the Executive Director of the Georgia Baptist Convention
– Has a passion for the local church
– Topic: Doing the Great Commission as a Local Church
March 14th – Dr. Chip Thornton
– Serves as a preaching elder at Bullitt Lick Baptist Church just south of Louisville, KY
– Has a passion for expository preaching
– Topic: Doing Church Planting as Missions
March 21st – Dr. Robert Smith
– Serves as Associate Professor of Divinity at Beeson Divinity School
– Has a passion for preaching God’s Word
– Topic: Doing Cross-Cultural Missions in the Local Community
March 28th – Dr. Danny Akin
– Serves as the President of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
– Has a passion for preaching and missions
– Topic: A Theology of Missions: Answering the Question of What Happens if we Don’t Go
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Cost: The cost of the conference will be a donation love offering only.
Seating: We encourage local churches to attend, however, it must be noted that limited seating will be available. Seating will operate on a first come basis, but our facility will hold a maximum of 900-1,000 people.
You can download the flier below and send it via mail or print it out to spread the word about the upcoming conference in 2011.
DOWNLOAD: Missions in March 2011 Flier